Essig Pools will help you transform your backyard dream into a reality, even if it needs something more than a pool. Our award-winning pool designers can show you hundreds of photographs of custom swimming pools, spas and water features.
Our Product and Services
At Essig Pools we provide the following products and services:
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT DAN ESSIG
About Our Company
Essig Pools was founded by Dan Essig in 1981. Since then we’ve delighted more than 5,000 homeowners with beautiful new pools. And every one of those pools was built the way a pool ought to be built, with a lifetime structural warranty.
You see, since the day we first opened our doors, it’s been our goal to build a better swimming pool. A pool that we can be proud of. That’s why we created the “Smart Pool”
The Smart Pool By Essig includes all the features a great pool should have to be beautiful, safe, and easy to maintain. The Smart Pool has 30% more steel and up to 50% thicker walls than required by South Florida building codes. And it’s built with Shotcrete, not Gunite, so it’s stronger and harder than your average pool, and guaranteed to never leak.
Our desire to be a leader in the industry is what drove us to join Aquatech, an exclusive society of high-integrity pool builders. Working with other top-notch pool builders from around the country, the Aquatech programs keep us on the cutting edge of pool engineering and design. Less than 1% of the world’s pool builders have been approved to join the ranks of the Aquatech Society. We’re very proud to be part of the elite Aquatech team.
We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and members of the Florida Swimming Pool Association, Associated Swimming Pool Industries Group, and United Aqua Group. Our founder Dan Essig has been active with the Associated Swimming Pool Industries and the National Spa and Pool Institute / APSP since 1981, including one year as president of both associations. Dan was chairman of the ASPI ethics committee for six years, and APSP Builder’s Council for four years. Dan also taught pool construction at Miami-Dade Community College.
Essig Pools has received more than 200 awards and accolades from industry experts and organizations. We received the exceedingly rare “Aqua 100 Hall Of Fame” award, which means we were chosen as a “Top 100 Builder” by Aqua Magazine for five consecutive years. We’ve also been selected five times as winner of The Industry Choice Awards for Business Excellence and named one of the Top 50 Builders in the Country for several years.
Our team of professionals work hard at making backyard dreams come true. Our award-winning pool designers can show you hundreds of photographs of custom swimming pools, spas and water features. Or they can create a virtual dream custom pool design and take a peek at what it could look like in your own backyard.
Association and Certifications
Essig Pools is proud to be accredited, certified and active members of the following associations and organizations.
Aquatech Society is a collaboration of independent pool builders from across the country who work together to share their knowledge and talents. The Aquatech Society is an invitation-only organization and is one of the most prestigious associations of pool builders. To be a member, pool builders have to consistently meet their high standards for quality construction, business ethics, and impeccable reputations.
Less than 1% of all pool builders in America have been approved to join the ranks of Aquatech builders. Formed in 1962, Aquatech is a group of over 120 pool building professionals, and over 100 retail store operators.
Aquatech has ongoing professional educational programs to develop the skills of each pool builder’s in the overall planning process, leadership and customer service. Aquatech is neither a franchise nor a corporate chain. It is the nation’s #1 Society of Pool Building Professionals.
United Aqua Group
United Aqua Group is one of the nation’s largest organizations dedicated to the professional pool building and retail industry. The group is member-owned and is comprised of individually operated business owners that have been selectively qualified and are committed to upholding the highest standards of integrity, quality and service in the industry. United Aqua Group manages and operates Aquatech brand.
International Awards of Excellence
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) sponsors the highly coveted International Awards of Excellence competition every year. This contest recognizes and rewards installation of pools that showcase the most beautiful and creative work in the industry. Because of the intense and highly qualified competition from around the globe, the International Award of Excellence is the most difficult to win. We are proud to say that Essig Pools has won this award twice.
The competition is open exclusively to APSP member builders, designers, service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms across the United States and around the world.
APSP – The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics and professional practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP took over another reputable industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers, compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
BBB – Better Business Bureau
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty in Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than six months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative providers binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of the applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers.
FSPA – The Florida Swimming Pool Association
The Florida Swimming Pool Association serves as the coordinating organization for swimming pool builders and other pool industry professionals who have committed to abide by the FSPA membership code of ethics.
Also, the FSPA provides government relations representation on behalf of its members to the Florida Building Commission and the Construction Industry Licensing Board as well as other legislative bodies that regulate the swimming pool industry in Florida (such as the Department of Health).
The Association provides educational courses for industry professionals, produces an annual industry trade show, and acts as the consumer resource for finding reliable professionals in the swimming pool industry.
FSPA Membership Code of Ethics
Believing that honesty and integrity, high ideals and concern for the welfare of the pool industry and the public we serve are both desirable and necessary, and in a sincere effort to promote the mission of the Association, members of the FSPA pledge themselves to:
- Keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- Comply with the spirit and letter of business contracts, existing laws and codes, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- Provide fair and expeditious response to claims covered under warranty.
- Work for the benefit of the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which may affect our business interests and those of the pool industry as a whole by attending the minimum number of association meetings as prescribed by my local Chapter.
- Promote the concepts of free enterprise and service to the public and the industry.
- Make all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, use only competent testimonials, avoid those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer, and refrain from false or misleading criticism of competitors.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Association in promoting and enforcing the Code of
- Ethics and cooperate with any investigation related to such enforcement.
Top 50 Builders
Each year the Pool & Spa News magazine researches all the major pool and spa builders in North America based on criteria such as longevity, customer satisfaction, quality ratings, awards, etc. and compiles a list of the Top 50 Builders in the pool and spa industry.
We are privileged and proud to be on this list of the Top 50 Builders.
Aqua 100 Hall of Fame
Each year, AQUA Magazine published profiles of 100 of the top spa and pool dealers, builders and service companies in the industry. These outstanding companies were chosen not by their size or sales volume, but by the overall professionalism they displayed in the areas of customer service, store design, product knowledge, craftsmanship and advertising/promotion.
We received what is considered the most prestigious award in the pool industry when inducted into the Hall of Fame by Aqua Magazine.
The Hall of Fame recognizes swimming pool companies that have consistently demonstrated the highest levels of professionalism and creativity in customer service, workmanship, store design, promotions, advertising, and product knowledge.
United Pool & Spa Association
United Pool & Spa Association (UPSA) was chartered in 1983 as a non-profit trade association. It was originally organized to serve the interests of commercial pool contractors and their associates, suppliers, and the engineers that design public pools.
In recent years UPSA has expanded its membership to welcome solid residential swimming pool builders, as well as swimming pool service contractors, particularly those serving the commercial and public pool trade.
UPSA exists to create and maintain a better business environment for the members. The association is active in government agency liaison and oversight, safety promotion, education and providing networking opportunities for all members.
UPSA will continue to seek new and creative solutions to industry challenges. By attracting those who appreciate our approach, which uses a non-confrontational and consensus building style, we expect modest, but controlled growth.
UPSA is registered with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board as a CE Course provider. Our courses are non-commercialized and inexpensive. They are offered to the trade at our Annual Meeting and Expo and at seminars and workshops regularly scheduled in major metropolitan markets throughout the state. Refer to our calendar page in this website for upcoming educational events.
What People Are Saying About Us
I called a few days ago for a quote on building a pool & the receptionist that spoke to me was so sweet & professional on the phone. I was very pleased with the explanation she gave me. I believe her name was Cari. Very nice young lady. spoke so eloquently over the phone & had a very cheerful attitude. Very good first impression. More companies need to have a receptionist like Cari. I will definitely recommend all my colleagues to Essig!
- Luis Delgado | Google Review
We reached out to several pool contractors and when we met with their salesman Carlos Kaba from Essig Pools we knew we had found the company to build our pool. Everyone we worked with at Essig Pools was very professional and you can tell they care about their clients. The construction process was smooth and everything went as promised. We highly recommend Essig Pools for your pool construction needs!
- Mario Deas | Google Review
It was a great experience, we are very happy with the results.
- Rogelio G | Google Review
The entire team of ESSIG Pools were an absolute pleasure to work with.
- John & Tina Babos | Google Review
Essig always has my back, this is why everyone should do business with Essig pool they have a great support team.
- Juan E | Google Review
The pool is great and we are referring Essig Pools to our friends.
- Frank N | Google Review
Your Dream Pool Awaits
Contact us today for a free quote on your dream backyard!
FL License CPC052505
10111 Business Dr.
Miramar, Fl. 33025